2237-04-15 - Battle for Honnal - Ground

The ground battle for Honnal. The Marines attack the captured spaceport.

Date: 2237-04-15

Location: Honnal Spaceport

Related Scenes: None

Plot: Operation: Jungle Fever

Scene Number: 743

Jump to End

It's the largest offensive that the Colonial Forces has been involved with to date - a joint attack against the Cylon stronghold at the occupied city of Honnal. But before the actual offensive part of the offensive begins, the marines (and honorary marines) who were left behind in the jungle have some work to do. They've been broken up into several groups - each with a separate objective.

This group, under the command of the gruff Sergeant Pushkin, has been tasked with sneaking into the starport area on the outskirts of the city. They're going to sabotage what they can and plant IR signaling devices on targets of value that the air wing will hit. After the pyrotechnics, there will be a signal for them to go back in and help secure the starport against Cylon ground forces.

Right now they're all in the jungle not far from Honnal. It was a long walk to get here, and as darkness falls, they can see the lights from the starport .

After the events of the night before, and despite his injury, when the Colonel called for all hands on deck, Beckham answered the called. Kitted in the full gear that he arrived on the planet with in the second wave, the only thing he doesn't have on is the helmet, which was passed to Tamlin. The rifle is checked over during the briefing and instead of carrying the IR signalling devices, the medic is checking a pair of fragmentation grenades on his belt, his medical bag moved to a backpack. The geat may be hot and unbearable at times, but considering the stakes of the attack, he's not going in with anything less.

The walk was grueling, but somehow the medic's soldiered on, walking in formation towards the front as evening starts to fall, he pulls down the shemagh from his face to take in the area that they are approaching. "Nice of them to leave the lights on for us."

The day after a head injury isn't the best time to participate in a major operation, but sometimes there's not much choice. Geoff's got his rifle ready, and a serious face on as he regards those not-so-welcoming lights.

Tamlin Dorn. Honorary Marine, marches in time to the rest of the group, having learned, very early in this pleasure cruise, that if you fall behind, you get left behind. She still has her rifle, which she may or may not have named George, one of the pair she's had with her since the beginning. She's also fully kitted out with her toolbelt and every bit of anything technically useful she could find at camp.

Cate didn't get much sleep last night, between taking care of Beckham and, well, when's the last time she got much sleep really. She's got her medic's backpack and rifle, and another satchel with some of the explosives that were sent down in the supply pod. "Least we don't have to jury-rig an oxygen tank to blow shit up this time," she says to Tamlin.

One of the other Marines, of Virgon origin, snarks, "Thought that's what you people were good at." Cate just glares at him for a moment but lets it go.

Since Chance came down to the planet to assist in recovering wounded, he's been off working with Ryan's group, which is fine by him. Afterall, there are no cylon's to shoot at on the ship. How is he supposed to blow shit up there? The walk was long, but he's had worse on Scorpia. As they approach their destination, he keeps himself busy with checking over his machine gun. Can never be too sure about your weapon afterall.

Armored and armed, Brielle maintains a serene expression as she joins the others on their jaunt through the jungle. A hand lightly adjusts her pack as she glances from face to face with what might almost be a small smile. It's probably no surprise that the combat engineer that goes by 'Boom' comes bearing the necessities for some lovely explosions. "I think we're in for quite the night," she comments pleasantly, trying to keep her steps and mood light.

Tamlin was just about to reply to Cate, when the Virgon marine calls out. Rather than answer the woman's original comment, she offers, instead, "Doc, want to see how good I am at improvising? Give me one of those explosive...I'll stick it somewhere you'd never have even thought of."

Aldrich has been fairly quiet during most of this trip, but maybe that has something to do with the fact that he's actually properly kitted out for once. Armor and everything! But the thing is, however lightweight it might be, it's still a bit heavier than prayer beads... So he's mostly been focused on keeping up with the rest of the group, until they reach the spot where they will wait for darkness. Just now, he's leaning against a tree, trying to make it look casual as he rests and saves his energy.

Cate snorts a little at Tamlin's remark. "If we didn't have a battle to go to, I just might take you up on that." She gives the Viron marine one last irritated look before focusing her attention back on the starport. Sidling up to Aldrich, she says, "You look like you're ready for some serious sermons there."

"Tams, forgive the Virgons, they're still too busy inbreeding to make new family twigs." Beckham responds, glaring back at the Marine that made the comment about her as he turns his attention back to the patrol. "And of course you're happy Boom, you get to blow frak up tonight."

Pushkin glances at his watch, and intones solemnly. "All right. It is time. Kill all the frakkers." Not much for motivational speeches, this Tauron sergeant. The troops begin moving forward, leaving the sanctuary of the jungle to approach the starport. They've observed the occasional Cylon patrol and a few sentry posts here and there (which they've tried to avoid with their approach vector). For the most part, though, it doesn't seem that the Cylons expected the humans to come this far into "hostile territory" after them. Little did they know...

Cate rolls Stealth: Success (6 5 4 4 2 2 1)

Beckham rolls Stealth: Failure (4 3 2 2 2 2)

Geoff rolls Stealth: Success (8 6 5 4 3 3 2 1)

Tamlin rolls Stealth: Good Success (8 6 6 3 1 1)

Chance rolls Stealth: Success (7 5 4 3 1 1)

Aldrich rolls Stealth: Success (7 6 5 4 1 1 1)

Brielle rolls Stealth: Good Success (8 8 8 6 5 5 3 2)

Geoff drops back a step to make eye contact with Aldrich. But he doesn't check in verbally, since Cate's already talking to him. Then the arge is talking and there are orders to follow.

Aldrich was apparently lost in thought, because he looks up with a little surprise when Cate addresses him, but then gives a little smile. "I don't know about sermons... But I'd be more comfortable if we'd had a proper altar to make preparations," he admits. Geoff gets a little nod of acknowledgement, and he starts to say something, but then Pushkin is announcing that it's time. He pushes away from the tree and gathers himself to join the group.

There was going to be another comment, but as the armor plate of the combat gear pushes up against his bandaged chest, Beckham feels the sharp press of the gear against his ribcage and he hisses out a groan of pain just a bit too loudly. "Frak." he gasps, a near sweat breaking on him from where he had been fighting down the pain of the injury without the benefit of morpha.

Oh, the barbs, the insults, the camaraderie. Oh, it's like being on the deck, and it warms the cockles of Tamlin's heart. But then the order comes, and she turns her attention to the job ahead, eyes already scanning to see the lay of the land, looking here and there for anything and everything that might be useful for their mission.

Cate offers a weak smile to Aldrich. Then the sarge is moving them on and she says, "Stay safe." She starts creeping forward, glancing over in concern when Beckham swears. She moves closer to him, so she can whisper, "All right?"

Stealthing isn't really what Chance does. He's too big, and so is his gear. Still, he manages to avoid making any loud noise as they creep forward. Like a good marine, his weapon is at the ready, but beyond that he can't do much yet.

There's a grit of his teeth, an almost audible noise as he grinds them together before Beckham nods. "..right as rain, Cate." he lies, giving her a tight-lipped smile. "Just bumped something wrong." It's a weak cover story, but it's at least close enough to the truth as he blows out a breath, blue eyes flashing for a moment before he continues on his way.

And so it's roll out. As quietly as one can. Geoff does as commanded. And he's not the noisiest.

Geoff rolls Alertness: Good Success (8 7 7 4 4 1)
Aldrich rolls Alertness: Good Success (8 7 6 6 5 3 3 1)
%% Cate spends a luck point on Don't blow yourself up..
Cate rolls Demolitions+3: Success (7 6 4 4 4 3 2 2 1)
Chance rolls Alertness: Success (8 6 4 3 3 1 1)
Beckham rolls Alertness: Good Success (7 7 7 6 3 2 1)
Brielle rolls Demolitions: Good Success (8 7 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 2 1)
Tamlin rolls Demolitions: Success (8 6 5 4 2 1 1 1)

Geoff rolls Stealth: Good Success (7 7 7 6 5 4 3 2)
Cate rolls Stealth: Success (8 7 3 3 1 1 1)
Chance rolls Stealth: Success (6 5 5 4 4 3)
Tamlin rolls Stealth: Success (6 2 2 2 1 1)
Beckham rolls Stealth: Great Success (8 8 8 7 7 4)
Aldrich rolls Stealth: Good Success (7 7 6 6 3 3 2)
Brielle rolls Stealth: Good Success (8 7 6 5 4 4 2 1)

Chance might like to blow shit up, but he doesn't know enough about the explosives to actually lay them out. He does however assist in finding good positions to lay them down. He can be helpful in that way and not actually kill anyone.

Once they're in position, Tamlin heads in to do what she does best. Which is, apparently, blow up all of the tylium she can find. It's good cover, and has the potential to take out a wide radius of targets. Also, it allows her to use minimal equipment for maximum effect. She moves up, approaching Beckham, a tap of her hand on his arm, and a tip of her head indicating she wants him with her to scout the way to the tanks.

As he keeps his rifle in position, Beckham feels the tap to his arm and nods slowly. There's a little smirk shared between the two as he starts to make his way along the line and pauses, pointing her to where the lines are moving to directly feed Raiders on the flight line and shares a quick grin with her, before he continues on towards the main stores.

Cate nods to Beckham. She knows he's covering, but there's not much she can do about it right now so... onward and upward. The medic sneaks around, wiping sweat from her eyes as she ducks down to avoid the attention of a Cylon working in a nearby hangar. She motions to alert anyone nearby of their presence, and cautiously scoots around. She finds a fuel truck and plants a block of explosive on the underside of the tank.

Steady hands, determination, Brielle backs up and dusts her hands off after planting the charges. She looks around, trying to catch the progress of her comrades, with a quick smile for Tamlin. With a determined inhale, she resumes her sneaking around and manuevering with the team.

Aldrich does his job keeping an eye out for trouble while the people with the know-how do their thing. For now, he mainly sticks close to Cate. Just as the explosive is planted, he gives her a warning tap on the arm and pulls back into the shadows a bit, getting out of the sight lines of a Cylon as it passes through on its way to who knows where.

The troops weave their way around the unsuspecting Cylon air crews, planting explosives and signaling devices that will guide the air wing into the high value targets. By some miracle, nobody's spotted, and they're all able to make it safely to the building that was designated as their rendezvous spot - an empty hangar that is a little bit away from the others. A special signal device will mark them as friendlies when the air strikes begin.

Tamlin is a speed demon, especially when she has Beckham on her tail, or rather, in the lead, helping her to select targets and plant her charges. It won't take long; they didn't have many charges to begin with. And then it's a quick, careful dash back to the rendezvous point, Tamlin leaning down to catch her breath.

So far, so good. Chance moves with the rest of the group towards the empty hangar, rifle still at the ready. He'll do his part, keeping rear guard on the group moving for the rendezvous point, "Let's keep it moving..." he mutters quietly.

Cate glances over to keep an eye on Aldrich every so often. When he taps her arm and pulls back, she does the same - trying to even out her breathing and make herself as small as possible. Eventually they make it back to the rendezvous. "Hope that beacon thing works as advertised," she mumbles, also catching her breath. "Would suck to get bombed by our own guys."

Following after Tamlin only after the explosives are planted, Beckham keeps his rifle pointed in the direction of the Cylons - and this time, it seems he's moving quite silenly amongst the vehicles as he does so. And there's a little nod and grunt as he smirks and nudges Tamlin's side. "Going to need to work on your cardio." he manages with a half-smile.

Aldrich doesn't exactly relax as they reach the rendezvous, but he does at least seem a little less intensely focused. Cate gets a vague smile at that, and he murmurs back, "Your lips to the gods's ears."

Tamlin looks up, counting off as each of the members of the team start filtering in. Beckham's comment doesn't get a reply, unless the middle finger she offers in his direction can be counted. Still, there's a quick grin in his direction, as she comes to her full height.

The team hunkers down, minutes ticking by until the sound of cannon fire and explosions can be heard high in the sky above them. Pushkin dares a glance out one of the windows, "Here they come," he announces before moving away from the window. A few moments later, the whoosh of rockets can be heard from the anti-aircraft batteries around the base. Just as the Cylons are beginning to climb into their alert ships, readying their response, Pushkin presses the button on the master detonator.

A series of explosions strike the starport, each one leading to an even bigger explosion. Tyllium, bombs, even Raiders. And that's even before the friendly air strikes start. The windows shatter and the ground shakes, and outside it's a regular Colonial Day fireworks celebration.

"Tell me again why you married him?" Cate says wryly to Tamlin when she catches the exchange between them. She nods to Aldrich and settles down to wait for the next phase of the operation. When the airstrikes start, she just hunches over a little, clutching her rifle tightly and jerking now and again when a bomb lands too close for her comfort.

Tamlin lets out a snort of laughter, at Cate's question, "I married him for that ass, of course. I mean..." She gestures, in the direction of Beckham's retreating back. "You could bounce a penny off of it." Alright, she's back in action, as she brings her rifle back to the ready position, waiting for the bombs, hopefully, to not blow them up. Her head turns away from the windows, an instinctive movement, before she looks back to watch the fireworks outside.

Now it's Beckham's turn to use his middle finger in response to Tamlin's remark, thrown over his shoulder, though there is a definite shake offered - and the glint of gold on his left ring finger as he moves to cover - the Cylons definetly know they're here - now it's time to find their way off the planet.

Aldrich flinches down as the explosions start, then steels himself, gripping his rifle tightly. After a few moments of that, when something goes off a little too close, his closes his eyes and his lips start moving in a silent prayer.

As the fruits of their labors comes to a stunning display, Brielle can't help but appear pleased. The conversation taking place triggers an amused smile as she looks toward the others. She remains quiet for now, looking out one of the windows with her hands still at the ready around her weapon.

Cool guys don't look at explosions, they just turn and walk away...And that's exactly what Chance does...sort of. Just before the explosions start, he turns to walk away, checking the rear of the rendezvous point for any signs of enemies laying in wait. The first explosion causes him to start just a bit, and he turns to glance back at the light show before returning to his sweep of the rendezvous site.

Cate looks up long enough to offer a weak smile to Tamlin's response, waving a hand in a 'who can argue with that' kind of way. The normally-unruffled medic looks more anxious than usual as the airstrike wears on.

Although the sound of fighting continues, the bombs soon stop falling in their general vicinity. Pushkin gets a signal on his backpack radio and stands up. "Time to go." Go to secure their assigned section of the tarmac, where they are to provide security for incoming ships to retrieve the ground forces and any civilians that were rescued.

Alas, a Deck Monkey's job is never done. When the call comes from Pushkin, Tamlin adjusts her rifle, moving to form up on the group to await the move out to their new position. A quick glance to the other team, before she nods, "I'm ready."

It's hard to stay unruffled when bombs are falling. Aldrich continues his impromptu prayer until the bombs stop, and he actually gives the slightest sigh of relief. Sure, the day's not over yet, but at least they didn't get blown up. That's a win. He stands up when Pushkin calls for them to go, double-checks his rifle, adjusts his helmet, then moves to join the group.

As he was already checking the rear, Chance falls into position at the rear of the group, "Copy that, I'll take rear guard." he offers up. Everyone loves rear guard. Not really, but someone's gotta do it. His rifle is at the ready, but tilted towards the ground.

Tamlin moves quickly, swiftly, as she gets into position at the designated spot, hunkering down and waiting for the first target that gets into her sights.

Moving to cover with Tamlin, Beckham settles down. But it doesn't seem he's going to be using his rifle at this point. Instead, he reaches to his webgear and detaches a gernade from his belt and gives his wife a grim smile as he pulls the pin. Hey, makeshift ring! And with that, he turns and arches the grenade out into the incoming Cylons. "Fire in the hole!"


Starting turn resolution...
Tamlin fires a burst!
Tamlin attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Right Arm. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Tamlin attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap. Stopped by ARMOR on Chest.
Tamlin attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap but MISSES!
Pushkin attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap. Stopped by ARMOR on Abdomen.
Chance fires full-auto!
Chance attacks Cylon4 with Lmg and HITS! Impaired wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Chance attacks Cylon4 with Lmg and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Chest.
Chance attacks Cylon4 with Lmg. Stopped by ARMOR on Abdomen.
Chance attacks Cylon5 with Lmg but MISSES!
Chance attacks Cylon5 with Lmg but MISSES!
Chance attacks Cylon5 with Lmg but MISSES!
Cent2 fires full-auto!
Cent2 attacks Aldrich with Rifle+Ap but hits the COVER they're behind.
Cent2 attacks Cate with Rifle+Ap but hits the COVER they're behind.
Cent2 attacks Pushkin with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Cylon5 attacks Chance with Pistol and HITS! Impaired wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Cate fires a burst!
Cate attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap. Stopped by ARMOR on Left Arm.
Cate attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap. Stopped by ARMOR on Chest.
Cate attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Graze wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Beckham uses Frag Grenade. EXPLOSION!
Beckham attacks Cent3 with Frag Grenade. Stopped by ARMOR on Right Arm.
Beckham attacks Cylon4 with Frag Grenade and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Abdomen. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Beckham attacks Cylon4 with Shrapnel and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Aldrich fires a burst!
Aldrich attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap but MISSES!
Aldrich attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Right Arm. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Aldrich attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap. Stopped by ARMOR on Chest.
Horan attacks Cylon5 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Incapacitated wound to Chest.
Cylon4 attacks Pushkin with Rifle+Ap but MISSES!
Cent1 fires a burst!
Cent1 attacks Horan with Lmg+Tripod. Stopped by ARMOR on Chest.
Cent1 attacks Horan with Lmg+Tripod and HITS! Impaired wound to Right Arm.
Cent1 attacks Horan with Lmg+Tripod but MISSES!
Mack attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Graze wound to Right Leg. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Cent3 fires full-auto!
Cent3 attacks Tamlin with Lmg+Tripod but hits the COVER they're behind.
Cent3 attacks Beckham with Lmg+Tripod and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Right Arm.
Cent3 attacks Brielle with Lmg+Tripod but Brielle EVADES!
Cylon5 has been KO'd!
Cylon5 has left the combat.
Horan has been KO'd!
Horan has left the combat.
Resetting Cent1's action because it is no longer valid: Horan is not in this combat.
Resetting Chance's action because it is no longer valid: Cylon5 is not in this combat.
Ryan has started a new turn! Pose and pick your actions.

After throwing out the grenade, Beckham feels the sharp sting of a rifle bullet grazing by his arm as he moves back to cover beside Tamlin and switches to his rifle for the engagement. "Still have one grenade left." he tells her, but for now he's holding onto it as he lifts his rifle to fire.

Tamlin finds her target, aiming at it fat, stupid Cylon head. She doesn't quite make that; if she had that amount of precision, she really would be a marine, but she does hit it. A glance over to Beckham, as he pushes in close to her. She's small enough that does doesn't obstruct his view, as she keeps her aim on the centurion she hit before.


Starting turn resolution...
Cent2 fires full-auto!
Cent2 attacks Aldrich with Rifle+Ap but hits the COVER they're behind.
Cent2 attacks Cate with Rifle+Ap but hits the COVER they're behind.
Cent2 attacks Pushkin with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Right Arm.
Cent1 attacks Brielle with Lmg+Tripod and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Cylon4 attacks Pushkin with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Abdomen. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Cate fires a burst!
Cate attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap. Stopped by ARMOR on Chest.
Cate attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap but MISSES!
Cate attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap but MISSES!
Brielle attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Mack attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Left Arm. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Cent3 fires full-auto!
Cent3 attacks Tamlin with Lmg+Tripod but hits the COVER they're behind.
Cent3 attacks Beckham with Lmg+Tripod. Stopped by ARMOR on Chest.
Cent3 attacks Brielle with Lmg+Tripod but MISSES!
Tamlin fires a burst!
Tamlin attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Abdomen. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Tamlin attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Graze wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Tamlin attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Graze wound to Right Arm. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Pushkin attacks Cent1 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Incapacitated wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Chance fires full-auto!
Chance attacks Cylon4 with Lmg and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Chance attacks Cent2 with Lmg. Stopped by ARMOR on Right Arm.
Chance attacks Cent3 with Lmg but MISSES!
Beckham fires a burst!
Beckham attacks Cent3 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Right Arm. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Beckham attacks Cent3 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Right Leg. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Beckham attacks Cent3 with Rifle+Ap but MISSES!
Aldrich fires a burst!
Aldrich attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Aldrich attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap. Stopped by ARMOR on Chest.
Aldrich attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap. Stopped by ARMOR on Chest.
Cent1 has been KO'd!
Cent1 has left the combat.
Cent3 has been KO'd!
Cent3 has left the combat.
Resetting Beckham's action because it is no longer valid: Cent3 is not in this combat.
Resetting Brielle's action because it is no longer valid: Cent1 is not in this combat.
Resetting Cate's action because it is no longer valid: Cent1 is not in this combat.
Resetting Cent2's action because it is no longer valid: You need 8 rounds for fullauto fire.
Resetting Chance's action because it is no longer valid: Cent3 is not in this combat.
Resetting Mack's action because it is no longer valid: Cent1 is not in this combat.
Resetting Pushkin's action because it is no longer valid: Cent1 is not in this combat.
Resetting Tamlin's action because it is no longer valid: Cent1 is not in this combat.
Ryan has started a new turn! Pose and pick your actions.

After firing off several rounds towards the Centurions, Beckham frowns a little. "You know, Tams, if I knew that this is what we would be doing on a Friday night, we'd stayed at the bonfire for a few drinks first." he says quietly to her as he moves to aim the rifle to try to pust a shot into the Cylon's head, much as Tamlin tried to do earlier.

Aldrich fires a burst at the nearest Centurion, but manages to just duck back into cover before it returns fire. He grimaces a little, in fact, as bullets ping off whatever it is they're taking cover behind. When there's a likely pause, he leans out again for another burst. Pewpew. ...He is not aiming for anything in particular. He's pretty happy if he doesn't miss entirely.

Tamlin's first target goes down, though not with Cate to do most of the heavy lifting. Still, she'll take it however she can get it, ducking down to avoid the rifle fire that's chewing up the ground around where she and Beckham have taken cover. She switches targets, trying to find one that, with any luck, has enough damage that she could actually help with more than just grazing it's armor.

Cate fires short bursts, ducking back as return fire pings off the metal housing of the cargo vehicle she's hiding behind. When Horan goes down, Cate quickly scoots over to his position. His arm is mangled but it's not life-threatening. "Hang in there, I've gotcha." She drags him back into cover.

Brielle crouches between shots, making an unpleasant noise as she is struck in the chest. It is followed by a low, grateful mutter about armor. Gone is the pleasant air she could have boasted of earlier. Her jaw is tight, and she is focused completely upon the fight around her.


Starting turn resolution...
Chance fires full-auto!
Chance attacks Cent2 with Lmg and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Chest.
Chance attacks Cent2 with Lmg but Cent2 EVADES!
Chance attacks Cent2 with Lmg. Stopped by ARMOR on Right Leg.
Chance attacks Cylon4 with Lmg but Cylon4 EVADES!
Chance attacks Cylon4 with Lmg but MISSES!
Chance attacks Cylon4 with Lmg but MISSES!
Beckham attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap and NARROWLY MISSES!
Tamlin attacks Cylon4 with Rifle+Ap. Stopped by ARMOR on Chest.
Cylon4 fires full-auto!
Cylon4 attacks Aldrich with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Left Leg.
Cylon4 attacks Tamlin with Rifle+Ap but hits the COVER they're behind.
Cylon4 attacks Cate with Rifle+Ap but hits the COVER they're behind.
Brielle attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Aldrich fires a burst!
Aldrich attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap. Stopped by ARMOR on Chest.
Aldrich attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap but MISSES!
Aldrich attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap but MISSES!
Mack attacks Cylon4 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Pushkin attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap but Cent2 EVADES!
Cent2 attacks Chance with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Ryan has started a new turn! Pose and pick your actions.


Starting turn resolution...
Tamlin attacks Cylon4 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Incapacitated wound to Abdomen. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Chance fires full-auto!
Chance attacks Cent2 with Lmg and HITS! Graze wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Chance attacks Cent2 with Lmg and HITS! Impaired wound to Chest.
Chance attacks Cent2 with Lmg. Stopped by ARMOR on Chest.
Chance attacks Cylon4 with Lmg and HITS! Impaired wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Chance attacks Cylon4 with Lmg and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Right Arm. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Chance attacks Cylon4 with Lmg and HITS! Incapacitated wound to Left Leg. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Brielle attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Chest.
Cent2 fires a burst!
Cent2 attacks Mack with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Left Leg.
Cent2 attacks Mack with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Cent2 attacks Mack with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Right Arm.
Cent2's weapon clicks empty.
Aldrich fires a burst!
Aldrich attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Aldrich attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap. Stopped by ARMOR on Left Arm.
Aldrich attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap but Cent2 EVADES!
Mack attacks Cylon4 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Flesh Wound wound to Left Leg. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Beckham fires a burst!
Beckham attacks Cylon4 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Incapacitated wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Beckham attacks Cylon4 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Chest. (Reduced by ARMOR)
Beckham attacks Cylon4 with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Right Arm.
Pushkin attacks Cent2 with Rifle+Ap. Stopped by ARMOR on Right Arm.
Cylon4 fires full-auto!
Cylon4 attacks Cate with Rifle+Ap but hits the COVER they're behind.
Cylon4 attacks Tamlin with Rifle+Ap but MISSES!
Cylon4 attacks Beckham with Rifle+Ap and HITS! Impaired wound to Right Arm.
Cylon4 has been KO'd!
Cylon4 has left the combat.
Resetting Beckham's action because it is no longer valid: Cylon4 is not in this combat.
Resetting Cent2's action because it is no longer valid: You are out of ammo.
Resetting Chance's action because it is no longer valid: Cylon4 is not in this combat.
Resetting Mack's action because it is no longer valid: Cylon4 is not in this combat.
Resetting Tamlin's action because it is no longer valid: Cylon4 is not in this combat.
Ryan has started a new turn! Pose and pick your actions.

Aldrich was doing pretty well there for awhile, but that's always when things go wrong, right? Just as he's leaning out to fire on the centurions, a bullet strikes him in the leg and he gives a startled grunt and nearly falls. He manages to prop himself up against the cargo truck, and stays upright at least until the last of the immediate threats have been dealt with. Only then does he sink to the ground to deal with the wound.

Tamlin pulls in close against the place she's sheltering, taking aim, firing a round, firing another. Finally, the last of the cylon patrol goes down, and, with the most immediate need, that is, to stay alive and take out the enemy, take care of, she turns back to Beckham, reaching for his medic's back, and the bandages there, as she can see at least two spreading patches of blood, "I cannot take you anywhere."

Once more, Chance moves out away from the cover of the truck he was behind and unleashes another churn of clack-clack-clacks from his light machine gun as bullets pour forth towards the Cylons. In all, he lands a series of shots on the Cylons, and takes one in return, another bullet hitting his chest armor and forcing him once more to one knee. This time, he finds himself breathing a bit harder and starts to check under his armor to see if the bullet went through the vest with a visible wince.

When the Centurion with the LMG starts firing at Tamlin, Beckham switches fire and puts several rounds into it, which of course, draws attention to him, and he gets hit again. There's a momentary wince of pain, and a tingling in his arm as he realizes it's not exactly working the way he had hoped as the Marine glances side-eye at Tamlin. "You know, three tours on Sagittaron and only got wounded once. Two days with you and I'm hit twice. You tell me who can't take who where." he mutters good naturedly.

Tamlin works quickly, rolling the bandages on, and getting them down tight, maybe just a bit too tight, but she's working fast, and with nowhere near as much training as the people who actually do this for a living, "Not my fault you clearly didn't learn how to duck." She finishes with the work drawing back, to give him room to get up and head off to tend to the other wounded.

Cate gets Horan situated, ducks down as a few more bullets ping off of things around her. It must be her lucky day or something. And then she's bouncing off to another patient. "Padre!" there's an edge of alarm in her voice as she scoots over to him. "Let me see..." she says once he slumps down. "It's not so bad," she says, relieved. Glancing over toward the others she says, "Who else is hurt?" And then realizes it's pretty much everyone. Rough day at the office.

Pushkin is pretty badly banged up but he's still giving orders to shore up their defenses as they have a brief lull between attacks. Their work isn't over yet today, but pretty soon they'll be getting some more assistance as more marines turn up. And before too long, the blissful sight of Raptors coming in to land to carry them back to Galactica.

Aldrich grits his teeth and forces a smile at Cate as she proclaims the injury to be not too bad. "Yeah, I've seen to worse." Gallows humor, that, since his job is usually tending the dead. "Don't know if I'll be walking on it, but I can still shoot." And no doubt shoot he does, at least until the Raptors arrive and he can finally pass that job off to someone more qualified.

At Cate's question, Chance grunts just a bit, standing back up again and hoisting the machine gun back up to a somewhat ready position. Or close enough. "I'll hold till we get back." Thankfully, tactical armor turns bullets to the chest into bruises instead of death.

"Hah hah very funny," Cate says dryly to Aldrich's gallows humor. But then she's got him as patched as he's gonna be for the moment. "That'll keep for now. Try not to get killed. Someone's gotta say rites for the rest of us." But despite the attempt at joking banter, there's genuine concern in her face when she says it. And then she's moving off again to the next injured person.


Tags:

Back to Scenes