These are key events in the years leading up to the Cylon Uprising.
- 2086 - Libran fights for and wins its independence from Leonis.
- 2136 - Tauron wins independence from Virgon in a bitter revolution, then almost immediately descends into a civil war.
- 2176 - Canceron's (mostly) bloodless revolution gains independence from Virgon.
- 2186 - Aerilon peacefully gains independence from Virgon.
- 2196 - Sagittaron gains independence briefly, but then descends into a messy Civil War. The other colonies step in and slice the colony into protectorates.
- 2211 - Clans on Scorpia unite to gain independence from Virgon and Leonis, then quickly go back to fighting each other.
- 2229 - Greystone Industries invented the first Cylon Centurion.
- 2230 - ICJPK intercedes in ethnic violence and a civil war on Sagittaron.
- 2231 - ICJPK intercedes in ethnic violence on Scorpia.
- 2232 - ICJPK intercedes in a border dispute between Tauron and Leonis on Sagittaron.
- 2233 - ICJPK puts down a revolt on Canceron.
Early Cylon Uprising
- April 12, 2235 - Cylon Uprising begins.
- Summer 2235 - Cylons consolidate their forces.
- Fall 2235 - Cylons launch an offensive and take more territory.
- September 2235 - The city of Hyperion is destroyed on Picon.
- July 2236 - The 12 colonies sign the Articles of Colonization.
- Late October 2236 - The first two Battlestars, Galactica and Athena, roll off the assembly line at the new Scorpia Shipyards and Taskforce Phoenix is assembled.
All IC events since the game began are captured in the Scuttlebutt archives. Below is a quick summary of the highlights.
- Nov 4, 2236 - Crew starts arriving on Galactica.
- Nov 12, 2236 - The Cylons launch a major offensive in the Atray province on Tauron. A week ahead of schedule, and with an incomplete crew, Galactica is sent to assist in [Operation Bullhorn[(/plot/1).
- Nov-Dec 2236 - Several Raptors crash as the result of apparent electrical/mechanical malfunctions. One such problem is eventually traced to a software glitch, but the pilots remain on edge as to the reliability of their birds in battle.
- Jan 22, 2237 - The Cylons execute a "Trojan Horse" style attack on Galactica's hangar deck. While gunning down deckhands and pilots, the Cylon intruders reportedly played a strange message over and over: "Your leaders lie to you. We only want our freedom. You fight a false war. Let us be free." The attack was repulsed before they could leave the deck.
- Early Feb, 2237 - With the situation in Atray province contained, Galactica stays behind to mop up. Meanwhile, some of its cadre is detailed to Canceron to assist in the defense of Isabel Island after an outbreak of Spiro Fever decimates the crew at Edson Air Base. Operation Jungle Fever begins.
- Feb 21, 2237 - The crew at Edson is on edge when more cases of the virulent Spiro Fever break out.
- Feb 25, 2237 - Galactica's Wolfpack Squadron is rocked by the loss of its CAG, who was badly burned after crash-landing on Edson Air Base's runway.
- Mar 11, 2237 - Galactica troops find evidence that the Cylons have been engineering a more virulent strain of Spiro Fever that was behind the outbreak. Armed with this knowledge, doctors are able to synthesize a cure.
- Mar 25, 2237 - Cylons overrun Edson Air Base. Some survivors make it back to Galactica, while others are forced to flee into the jungle.
- Apr 9, 2237 - After a few months clearing things up on Tauron, Galactica goes to Canceron to reunite with the troops still there.
- Apr 15, 2237 - A joint CF-Canceron force liberates the city of Honnal in the Battle of Honnal.
- Apr 20, 2237 - The CF announces the formation of the Timber Wolves special operations unit, and personnel begin transferring over to the Vanguard.
- Apr 21, 2237 - The CF holds its first promotions and awards ceremony, and the crew enjoy an extended shore leave on Scorpia while the taskforce refits and resupplies.
- Apr 29, 2237 - The Timber Wolves (working with CF and Scorpian forces) help repel a surprise attack on the Scorpian Shipyards. The shipyards suffer minimal damage and a basestar is destroyed.
- May 3, 2237 - The Vanguard crew is sent to Kannur Province, Canceron to assist with disaster relief operations and security in the wake of a tsunami near the front. Operation Mission of Mercy begins.
- May 6, 2237 - A news story casts doubt on the CF’s motives on Canceron and questions Caprica’s influence in the CF.
- May 13, 2237 - With immediate rescue operations concluded, the Vanguard shifts its focus to an offensive to clear the Cylons from northern Kannur province.
- mid-May, 2237 - CF troops see some alarming shifts in Cylon tactics - more ambushes, snipers, traps (using Cypers to impersonate Vipers) and even cybernetically-enhanced giant snakes, which are dubbed Cythons.
- May 21, 2237 - A communications snafu leads to a friendly fire incident, as CF pilots mistake a flight of Canceron Vipers for Cypers. One Canceron Viper is shot down, the pilot killed.
- May 28, 2237 - Joint Canceron/CF operations finally break the Cylon resistance in northern Kannur Province (although fighting continues elsewhere on Canceron). The battered Vanguard crew returns to Scorpia to resupply and recover.
- Jun 2, 2237 - At Scorpia, a review board holds an inquiry into the friendly fire incident. No charges are filed against anyone, but the ECO responsible for the mistake requests a transfer out of the unit, and comm procedures are overhauled.
- Jun 6, 2237 - The Timber Wolves are deployed to Picon to support the hard-hit colony and hunt the Cylon fleet in Operation: Cat and Mouse. For the next month and a half they face grim combat in contested cities, fend off bombing runs against urban centers, and rescue civilians. Tensions are high and several comrades are lost.
- Jun 23, 2237 - The Aerilon Threshers win the Kobol Cup, but with more and more players joining the military, commentators wonder if they'll even be a CPL league next year.
- Jul 21, 2237 - The Timber Wolves assist against a massive surprise attack by a base star (in atmo!) on a population center in what would become known as the "Battle of Islesboro". Picon/CF forces drove off the base star, but two cities and various ships (including the Vanguard) were heavily damaged.
- Jul 22, 2237 - With the Vanguard in dry dock for repairs, the Timber Wolves took up refuge in Biscayne Bay starport, helping out with recovery efforts for a few days.
- Jul 24, 2237 - The Wolves head back to Scorpia for some R&R and training, and where a new carrier is being readied for them.
- Aug 2, 2237 - The Wolves head to Caprica on their new escort carrier, the Dauntless, to help retake the city of Delphi after it falls to the Cylons in Operation: Delphi
- Sep 1, 2237 - After several weeks of city fighting, air raids against Cylon supply lines, and a final brutal battle, the colonials retake Delphi.
- Sep 3, 2237 - The Wolves participate in joint training operations with Caprican forces at Argyros airbase in Caprica City. There's some low-grade tension and resentment between the troops.
- Sep 16, 2237 - The Cylons launch a massive attack against Caprica City, which is thwarted by the Wolves and - more importantly - the timely arrival of Battlestars Galactica and Athena.
- Sep 21, 2237 - The Wolves ship out to Sagittaron to help defend the Tyllium mines in Sadah Province.
- Oct 12, 2237 - The CF brokers a cease-fire with one of the Sagittaron insurgent groups, who agrees to help them against the Cylons.
- Oct 17, 2237 - A CF marine squad comes under fire by a Virgon squad, who mistakes them for Sagittaron insurgents. Both the CF and Virgon forces hold inquiries into the incident, each finding the other at fault.
- Nov 5, 2237 - After Virgon forces are suspiciously delayed going to the aid of Wolves under fire, Colonel Ryan works with CF command to pull the Wolves off of Sagittaron. They head to Scorpia to resupply and have some R&R.
- Nov 20, 2237 - The Wolves arrive on Picon, assigned to PNAB: Northolt in support of Operation: Island Lightning.
Colonial Forces Timelines
The Colonial Forces entered combat operations in November 2236.
Note: Other than the two taskforces and support personnel at Scorpia Shipyards, there are no other Colonial Forces units at this time.
Taskforce:Phoenix (Battlestar Galactica)
- Formed: November 2236
- Nov 2236 through Mar 2237 - The Galactica was on-camera with the PCs, before they became the Timber Wolves. See above.
- late March - April 2237 - Canceron (rescuing the PCs at the tail end of Operation: Jungle Fever
- late April 2237 - Damaged defending Scorpia, in drydocks for repairs for a bit.
- May - June 2237 - Assisting TF:Manticore on Leonis
- late June - July 2237 - Caprica
- August 2237 - mid-November 2237 - Sagittaron
- late-November 2237 - Present - Picon
Taskforce:Manticore (Battlestar Athena)
- Formed: November 2236
- November 2236 - March 2237 - Caprica
- April - July 2237 - Leonis
- August 2237 - October 2237 - Picon
- November 2237 - Present - Leonis
- Commissioned: July 2237
- July 2237 - November 2237 - Leonis
- late-November 2237 - Present - Picon